City of Arcata - New Business License Application
Thank you for choosing the City of Arcata for your business!
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business licenses are renewed on an ANNUAL basis and expire June 30th.
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City of Arcata.
3. Employee identification numbers are required for all new businesses. Sole owner or partnerships are
required to provide Social Security numbers for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or
Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN)
or State Employee Identification Number (SEIN) for the business.
4. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive
an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 5 business days you will receive an email containing
the amount due and instructions on how to make a payment online.
5. Home Occupation Businesses: Please complete the Home Occupation Affidavit Form and attach it to your online application.
Per AB 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process address
in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and 16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code.
To do so, please visit the Business License office to apply.
The City of Arcata would like to welcome you to its business community.
We know that starting a new business can be exciting and challenging.
We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please call (707) 822-5951
to speak with a customer service representive.